My name is Joe Hein and I began Elite Shooting Sports LLC with the intent of offering the best International Style Shooting equipment and services to the United States competitive shooting community. I have participated in 4-H, NRA, NCAA, USA Shooting and ISSF competitions for most of my life. It is a combination of my experiences at the University of Alaska Fairbanks, as a Resident Athlete at the US Olympic Training Center, and as an Active Duty Soldier assigned to the US Army Marksmanship Unit that have paved the way for me to start Elite Shooting Sports. Throughout my shooting career, I have experienced the highs and lows of the sport, and understand the importance of top quality shooting equipment and having a highly skilled Gunsmith to keep my equipment working at its best. By understanding the effort and precision it takes to achieve success in our sport, I believe I can better serve my customers by providing them with outstanding service and equipment at an affordable price.
I learned the meaning of precision as a tool and die maker at a local shop in Michigan. Operating lathes, mills, surface grinders, and EDMs allowed me to make custom reamers and specialty dies in both HS Steel and Carbide. Shop work paved the way for my time as a Machinist and Gunsmith for Neal Johnson's Gunsmithing Inc. in Colorado Springs, CO, where I serviced the full range of competitive firearms and fulfilled custom orders. I still compete with some of the custom items I made for myself during that time. To further my qualifications, I completed the Anschutz, Walther and Feinwerkbau Service Courses in Germany. Since opening the doors in 2013 I have worked on a variety of rifles and pistols, and served customers ranging in skill level from beginner to Olympic Champion.
The best way to contact me is via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by completing the contact form under the "Contact Us" tab. Please include your phone number with your email, so I can call you in the event a phone call is a more appropriate response. You may also call (406) 625-2557 M-TH 9:00am to 3:00pm MT.
- 2002 Junior Olympic 3x40 Champion
- 2002 Junior USAS 3x40 and Prone National Champion
- 2002 Junior Prone World Champion
- 2005 USAS Prone National Champion
- 2005 Championship of the Americas 3x40 and prone 2nd place
- 2009 NRA 3-Position and Conventional Prone National Champion (only the Second to accomplish this)
- 2010 USAS Prone National Champion
- 2010 Beijing World Cup Prone Gold Medal
- 2010 Championship of the Americas 3x40 Gold Medal
- 2014 USAS 3x40 National Champion
- 2014 World Shooting Championships Silver Medal 300 Meter Prone Team